Lincoln Avenue Nursery is a nursery rich in history located in the upper west side of Pasadena. It was established in 1903 by a German family and was owned by them until 1923.
In 1923 a Japanese family bought the nursery. Ms. Mary Takemura’s mother ran the business. Ms. Takemura would be the eventual successor to the nursery after her and her husband; Mr. Henry Takemura would purchase the nursery from his father and mother-in-law. Her father ran a landscape business and would get all of his plant supply from here. Ms. Takemura went to college, graduated and in 1958 purchased the nursery from her parents.
During World War II, Mr. and Ms. Takemura were sent to camps and would have lost their business if it weren’t for the kindness of a young couple. They took care of the nursery for the two years they were stuck in a camp. When the war was over, and they were released, they took back the nursery from their friends.
In 2003, Ramon Franco a landscaper for 30 years and frequent shopper at Lincoln Ave. Nursery bought the nursery from the Takemura family. After 13 years in the business, and many changes, we continue to serve the community with the best quality specimens, competitive prices and friendly staff. We are proudly still family owned and operated, so stop by and enjoy everything Lincoln Ave. Nursery has to give.